- Provide a basic knowledge of electrical engineering principles along with the required supporting knowledge of mathematics, science, computing, and engineering fundamentals.
- Develop the basic skills needed to perform and design experimental projects. Develop the ability to formulate problems and projects and to plan a process for solution taking advantage of diverse technical knowledge and skills.
- Develop the ability to organize and present information and to have operational skill in writing and speaking English.
- Provide sufficient breadth and depth for successful subsequent graduate study, post-graduate study, or lifelong learning programs.
- Provide an appreciation for the broad spectrum of issues arising in professional practice, including teamwork, leadership, safety, ethics, service, economics, and professional organizations